Dear Parents and Guardians,
Thursday 15 April 2021
Re: Returning back to school on Monday 19 April 2021
As you will by now be aware, on Monday school will be open to ALL pupils, a day we have been looking forward to for many weeks. We have really missed each and every one of our children and look forward to seeing all of our pupils back in school for remainder of the academic year.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you all for supporting your children so well with their learning at home. The children have been amazing and I appreciate it has been a difficult time for everyone. If any parent has any concerns regarding their child going forward, please do get in touch with your child’s class teacher.
I would also like to publicly thank the staff for their efforts and finally, Mrs Quayle for doing a fabulous job leading the school whilst I have been at Marown.
In relation to returning to school, below are a few pieces of key information you will need to know:
• School hours will return back to normal.
• Children can all be dropped off and pick up on the playgrounds as normal. We ask that parents do not
come into school for the first two weeks back as a precautionary measure. Should you require an
appointment, please telephone the school office.
• Uniform is not optional. However, I appreciate some uniform may no longer fit, such as shoes and I do not
expect parents to pay for new school shoes at this late date in the academic year.
• School dinners will be back to normal. These will cost £75.20 for the remainder of the term. Please ensure this amount is uploaded onto ParentPay, all arrears MUST be cleared next Friday 23rd April at the very latest or we will not be able to provide a lunch for your child the following week. Mrs Parslow will be in
touch shortly regarding milk.
• Additional cleaning arrangements will remain in school and we will continue to promote good hand hygiene
practice to students and staff on a regular basis.
• We are currently in discussion with QE2 and our feeder nurseries around transition.
• We are awaiting confirmation regarding the recommencement of swimming, it is possible it may
recommence from next Tuesday 20 April, we will update you when a decision has been made by DESC.
Below are some key dates (a newsletter will go out in the second week back):
• Monday 19 April - School reopens to ALL pupils.
• Friday 23 April - Whole school treat - Ice Cream Van to visit school.
• Monday 3 May- Bank Holiday.
• Wednesday 26 May - Sports Day - details TBC.
• Thursday 27 May - reserve Sports Day.
• Monday 31 May - Bank Holiday.
• Thursday 3rd June - Children break up for TT.
• Friday 4 June - INSET Day - Staff only in school.
Yours sincerely, Mrs A Jackson